Friday, October 27, 2006

Improvements

Some things that have kept me from slipping into yesterday's bad mood:

  • We got our new issue of Playboy in the mail yesterday here at work. Yes, you read that right. We have a subscription to Playboy for the whole office to enjoy. So we spent the better part of the morning going through and critiquing the ladies. And that's always fun. No seriously, it is.
  • Before THAT, my boss and a coworker and I spent, oh, about an hour, looking for nudie pictures of celebrities online. It was a little awkward, but that's alright.
  • Cookies.
  • I got a haircut last night. And I almost fell asleep while the young lady was washing my hair. It was incredible.
  • I got a bonus. For no reason. Other than being awesome.
  • I spent ten minutes decorating my calendar. Like, instead of just writing "Closed" on it for Thanksgiving and the Friday and Saturday thereafter, I drew a turkey dancing from Thursday to Sunday. It was pretty awesome.
  • For our week-long closure between Christmas and New Year, I drew a beautiful landscape with rolling hills and trees under a million stars. My boss thought that was "excessive."Oh, and wasteful of "company time." But I thought it was beautiful.
  • I'm going shopping tonight.
  • Billy brought my coffee to me in bed this morning, instead of the other way around. Which was just lovely. It made my morning wonderful.
  • More cookies.
  • It's Friday, and though I have to work tomorrow, at least I know I'm only a few hours away from freedom.

So that's it.

I'm off to shop.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, you meant real cookies. I thought you were talking about cookies from looking for nudie pictures of celebrities online, which didn't make sense because why would cookies from nudie sites make you happy.

So, what kind of real cookies are we talking here? Oatmeal? Chocolate Chip?

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are having a better day today. Cookies always help!

Laurie said...

Cookies DO always help! And, yes, they were the REAL ones: Sugary and soft and covered in pink icing. Some say that eating a whole pack of cookies is bad for you. I disagree.

Anonymous said...

So where is the best place for free nudie celebrity pics then? I think our office would do well to subscribe to Playboy. We are publishers, after all.