Sunday, September 04, 2005

Hazleton, 2 AM

Even in sleep, he encompasses me. His long tanned arms swallow me whole while I, still barely awake, devour the feeling.

I can't get enough. My fingers are thirsty, moving on smooth sleepy skin, eager for more. Any space between us is too much, legs tangled, fingers entwined, arms wrapped around bared torsos. The sounds of slumber fill the room; steady breath, deep inhales, long exhales and murmurs of content circulate like air conditioning. A bounty of his curls rests in my hand as I teeter on the edge of a sleep prefaced by only innocent kisses and wishes of goodnight.

I don't want it to end, don't want to fall asleep and miss this proximity. I know REM couldn't bring anything better than the reality of right now. It's foreign to me, trying to stay lucid while he dreams, to want to soak up the smooth calm of the moment. I'm drunk off of feeling like I'm part of him - an extension of his artist's hand, his splayed legs. Maybe I'm too hungry for him, but it's glorious to indulge. Gluttonous. I'm savoring each moment, stretching it out, committing it to memory. I want to remember this - This moment, this feeling of satisfaction. My own sigh of content escapes my tired mouth, and he rustles, pulling me closer, running his soft hand down my arm. And I smile, invisible in the dark. I can't help it - He makes me smile by just being there. I catch myself, even in the dark, the corners of my mouth upturned, my cheeks lifted, for no one's benefit but my own. He's far away in his sleep right next to me, but I don't feel alone, deserted; He's present. I feel cared for. Coupled. I tuck myself into his frame, pillows circled around my head, and resign myself to sleep, certain that there's more where this came from.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will the new Civic Hybrid beat the Prius in MPG?
While perusing TCC's reports on the new Civics from Honda, we noticed a paragraph tucked away under the heading "The Hybrid" in which Honda says the Civic Hybrid will get 43.6 mpg in real-world driving, a ...
Hi there, I enjoyed visiting your blog and will certainly bookmark it for future reference as well as telling my online friends.
I have discovered a series of handy insurance directories on the subject of Car Insurance: Why not check it out and bookmark it for future use.

Melina said...

What a beautiful post...sorry it had to suffer the spamming!

Julie said...

Laurie,

I love the description...I can see it, feel the sensuality and sexuality and emotions...
I'm glad you are savoring it...and I'm here to tell you that you will continue to do so...I keep thinking that the "newness" will rub off...that the "honeymoon phase" in my relationship will end and then I wake up from sleep and turn to see my guy's adorable face and I want to giggle...or I'll wake in the night and feel him pulling me closer...

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous. LOL. No, honestly, I'm very happy for you.

Anonymous said...

You are so. . .
You two are so. . .
This post was so. . .
I like it.

Kristi said...

I remember having those feelings.
Such a nice part of the relationship.....

the beginning

Jason said...

Sounds like it's all good...:-)

Miss_Vicki said...

That's so awesome, I wish I could have that feeling :)