2. Things I've done in preparation for my trip:
- Permed my hair.
- Thought about the trip.
3. Things I haven't done yet, that I need to do in preparation for my trip:
- Gone tanning.
- Stopped eating.
- Gone shopping, successfully.
- Considered what I should and should not bring.
- Found "appropriate" shoes.
- Even considered finding "appropriate" shoes.
- Considered how little space I will have in my backpack.
- Even seen the backpack.
- Thought about packing the backpack.
4. I have, however, been going to the gym. And even though I didn't want to go last night, I went. I only had half an hour, so I decided to take half of the kickboxing class I normally take on Wednesday night. The problem? We had a substitute teacher. Who, apparently, has never heard of the word "rhythm." Nor has she encountered "flow." And, apparently, she wasn't very good at math. Because when she said we'd be doing "Four punches, four kicks," she decided to switch it up on us every time. Sometimes it was three punches and five kicks. Sometimes four and two. We didn't know. It was a mystery. She proceeded with no regard to the music, and then abruptly stopped one move to explain the next one. There was no following her. Which resulted in a classfull of women, jumping, kicking and punching haphazardly and randomly. It was hard to contain the laughter. The class started out with eight women in it. When I quit after my half hour, there were three remaining. I felt cheated out of a workout. So if I feel fat in Belize, I'm going to blame on that teacher.
5. As far as shopping for the trip, I decided I'd have to do it after work one day, by myself. Because I'm just one of those women who cannot shop with other people. Not at this point, anyway. The only trouble with that is, my car, Gwen, isn't exactly starting all the time, which proves difficult when I'm considering going to a mall with the intent to actually get home. I mean, she'll start, but she sort of click-clicks her way through a few revolutions before she gives in and starts. Which is just an abduction/rape/murder waiting to happen, really. Me, in my car, clicking away, in an empty mall parking lot. I'm thinking it's one of a few things: Starter (obvious solution), clutch, battery or bad gas. I don't know. And I have every intention to take her in to get fixed, it's just that I don't want to get slammed with a big repair bill before I go away. Maybe I'll put her in the infirmary while I'm gone. And I'll worry about the repair when I get home.
6. The perm has loosened up nicely. I'm actually quite happy with it. There are two windows of time, however, during my day that I hate it: As soon as I wake up, when it's frizzy and weird looking...And HUGE. And right after I wash it and put my $14 Curl Creme in it, when it just sort of lays on my head in tight little curls. But when it dries, it looks awesome. And, save for a few straight pieces in front (which I don't freakin' understand, but whatever), I'm really happy. I offer the accompanying picture as proof, with the condition that you disregard what would appear to be 80s bangs on my forehead. It just fell that way. My apologies. And, although this picture suggests otherwise, yes, I do have a neck.
7. It's so warm out now. I'm thrilled. It's actually spring. In celebration of this fact, I have begun to wear my favorite open-toed shoes. Every day I sport a new pair, which is nothing short of wonderful for me. My toes have felt claustrophobic from my winter boot selection. However, I went to a construction site yesterday (don't ask) in my high heeled sandals, and got all sorts of shit from the guys there that my shoes weren't OSHA approved. And I told them they could all suck it because it's spring and I'm wearing my high-heeled, inappropriate shoes, damnit. Even if I do have to traverse gravel, uncut lumber and rough tiling. Because I can.
8. I actually have a few things to do today, which is huge for me. I should go and, uh, do them.
9. I don't know how to end this post, so I'm going to do it....NOW!