Defense, Vitaminwater's Raspberry-Apple drink, says it aids in wound heeling. Should I be drinking this non-stop after my surgery? Will it really help me, or am I exactly the gullible idiot this company is after? I realize that whatever excess vitamin C you take in, you just pee out. But I take Centrum daily, AND Vitamin C tablets. AND I drink water and tea supposedly infused with MORE vitamins. Could I be doing myself more harm than good? Or am I doing nothing at all?
I can rationalize my addiction because this water, even though it has carbs and sugar, has got to be better than the liter or so of Dr. Pepper I used to drink on a daily basis, right?
Less than a half of my purchase today.
2. I finally updated the blogs on the right there. Finally, the ones with dead links have been updated. Seriously, it was driving even ME crazy. So Serra and Kristi, I'm finally linked to your proper blogs. And I have some new ones over there. FINALLY. I have seriously been meaning to do that for weeks.
3. I went through my pre-op paperwork today (it was in my purse), and I just realized that I can't wear MAKEUP OR NAIL POLISH during my surgery. Are they TRYING TO KILL ME? Seriously, I thought it was bad when I couldn't eat for 12 hours, but that's doable. Then they tell me I can't smoke or drink for 24 hours. And it sucks, but I can do it. NOW I see I can't wear makeup? What? And, the other thing is I have fake nails. Big, long, fake acrylic nails fashioned to look "natural." I swear, if I have to take them off, somebody better reimburse me the $60 it's going to cost me to put them back on. And do I have to go without toenail polish, too? Because that's just crazy. That may just be pushing it too far.
4. I was invited to a Purse Party in two weeks, a party where some woman sets up about a billion fake designer purses, and all the women ogle them and buy some good knock offs. Which sounds awesome. But then I asked what the price range is, figuring on about $20. Because that's what you pay on Canal Street in New York City or the flea market if you're a good bargainer. The woman who invited me says, "Oh, they range from, like, $50 to $100." Fifty to a hundred? Are you kidding me? Is it just me, or does it seem ridiculous to be paying anything more than $30 for a good fake bag? I mean, yes, it's cheesy to carry a fake bag. But I'm guilty. And I'll admit it. And I can't rationalize paying $1,000 for a purse. So I love fake bags. But there's something deep inside of me that refuses to pay for a knock-off what I could pay for a nice real Guess purse or a real Coach at TJ Maxx. Am I wrong?
5. I need a new CD. I've been listening to The Fray for months now, and though it hasn't gotten old yet by any means, my vocal range isn't compatible with that of the lead singer. It's always too high or too low for me to sing along comfortably. So I need something new, preferably by a chick, with awesome lyrics, preferably of the Love or Broken Hearted variety, so that I can have little mini-concerts in on my 20 minute drive to and from work every day.
6. I'm a little embarrassed to admit it, but I really can't wait for the new Christina Aguilera CD to come out. But I will buy it when it does. Oh yeah. I said it.
7. Is it just me, or is everyone noticing how bloggers are slowly but surely starting to shut down their blogs either because they're over blogging or because they're going to blog for someone else? It makes me very sad, this trend. Especially this one. Because, even though she's blogging for VH1 now and she says she'll continue to update her blog, too, I know it's a lie. It's like the old "Let's just be friends, and see where it takes us" line in a breakup. You know it's not going to take us anywhere. They'll forget about you, and then you're just left, combing the archives for reminders of the way it used to be. You think I'm being dramatic? It happened here.
8. I also need some books to read while I'm laying around my house eating bon-bons for three days. I definitely want Augusten Burroughs' new one and this one by Laurie Notaro (and not just because we have the same first name...My friend Scott told me he couldn't stop laughing while he read it, and we both share an obscene, sometimes scary, love for David Sedaris. So I trust him.). But, really, those are the only two I can think of. I read five books in Belize. And I was drinking and actually doing other stuff, too. So I imagine that, if I'm not too doped up, I'm going to be reading a lot. Either that or watching a lot of porn. Ha! Kidding, mom! Maybe.
9. To anybody who read the now-removed grammar post, I'm sorry. That was pretty stupid.
10. In order to make up the time I'm going to be using for my trip to Mexico in August with Billy, I've been working every Saturday for the past two months. I will continue to work these days until my time has been dutifully made up. But now, I'll be taking three weekdays and a Saturday off for my surgery. At the rate I'm going, I will be working on Saturdays for the rest of my life.
11. But, my massage is on Sunday, at that pretty much makes up for it. The Spa called today to confirm, and asked for either "Laurie or William." It was sort of cute, the way they asked for either of us. It made me feel like a real couple. But, anyway, apparently, we have to be there early to "fill out paperwork," which I find a bit odd. I count on filling out paperwork at the doctor's office, but at a spa? It seems sort of silly. Shouldn't they just rub me all over and leave it at that?
12. I ordered something awesome for Billy for our year anniversary - A Ghana world cup jersey, with his favorite player's number and name on the back. At first, I was a little bummed because it was backordered until October. Now I find out that my order never went through, and the gift is now not available. I told him about it already (not only can I not keep a secret, but I thought since I know what I'm getting for our anniversary - the trip to Mexico - he should know, too.) and now I have to tell him to forget about it. Any suggestions for a new gift?
13. I downloaded and set as my ringer "Summertime" by DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince. I'm a little embarrassed every time it rings, but it makes me smile, too. It reminds me of junior high, walking home from school, the ice cream truck. I love it.
14. On a related note, DJ Jazzy Jeff will be DJing at a club about an hour from here in two weeks. My friend showed me the flyer and he goes "How much does that suck? Will Smith is making millioins of dollars per movie, and this guy is DJing at tiny venues. You think the Fresh Prince would've set him up with a gig in Philly or something." But I don't think Mr. Smith owes Mr. Jazzy Jeff anything. We argued about that for a while. But it all came down to the fact that we can't believe DJ Jazzy Jeff will be in Newburgh! Will he play and remix "Summertime?" "Parents Just Don't Understand?" "The Theme for the Fresh Prince of Bel Air?" In West Philadelphia born and raised, on the playground was where I spent most of my days... Ahh. That'd be incredible.
15. If I don't stop this now, I'm going to keep adding things to list until it's ridiculously long AND until the second I leave work. And there are things I should be doing; I should go and, you know, work.
Have a good weekend!