Thursday, October 06, 2005

Vacation, All I Ever Wanted

Today is technically Thursday, but it's my Friday. At 2:30 this afternoon, I will pack up my files and pens, highlighters and other secretarial paraphernalia, sprint through the door and head for Billy's house. Once I am there, we will toss our shared suitcase into the car and make our way to Newark, NJ where we will catch a plane destined for Florida. Once we are there, we will alternately drink, take naps, and eat. I think there are plans to leave the room, but I'm not going to assume anything.

Now, I have heard that there is a tropical storm threatening to get in the way of the tan lines Billy so hopes I'll be getting on our four day stay in Orlando, but I'm not letting that put a damper on my mood. This is part long-overdue-relaxing-getaway for him, part extended-birthday-celebration for me, and part plain-ol-good-time for both of us. My sinus infection is making a slow but sure exit, I get to spend four days of uninterrupted time with my amazing boyfriend, and I'll be sleeping in a state that is not Pennsylvania for the first time since February; To say I'm excited would be a drastic understatement.

So I'll be back to work, and back to blogging on Tuesday (cross your fingers that the cable company will finally correctly install our internet at home in my absence), and in the time between then and now, I'll be stretched out in the Florida heat, sipping vodka-based drinks and pretending that I lead a life of leisure.

See you Tuesday!

3 comments:

Jason said...

Sounds like a blast. Hope it went great!

Anonymous said...

Well, it is about damn time you took some time off. Hope you all have fun in the sun...and don't worry, I think the storm is going to hit GA and on up to NC...ought to be more fun for some of us driving in that direction on that same weekend. By the way...who is the cute little girl in the card next to your birthday cake..haha.
Have a good time.
-DLH-

Unknown said...

Oooh...even though I'm filled with jealously and bitterness right now that you get to go to Florida with a boy and I DOOOOON'T, I hope you have a fantastic time!

And "leaving the room" on vaca is overrated. Hotel rooms have got windows...why go outside when you can already see the sights AND participate in fulfilling activies at the same time?!